Did you know that in the State of Florida you are able to sue your attorney for certain mishandling of your case? There is a way to hold attorneys accountable! That is called legal malpractice which is very similar to medical malpractice. For example, you may have a case against your former attorney for:
- Settling your case without your permission
- Not properly resolving or addressing conflicts of interests
- Missing the statute of limitations
- Breach of fiduciary duties such as properly accounting for all monies in your case
- Failing to investigate and perform discovery properly
- Major errors during trial
- Incorrect documents
- Intentional wrongdoings
A legal malpractice claim is very complex because of the theory of the “case within the case”. To prevail in a legal malpractice case, one has to prove that if the attorney who handled the matter had not done what he/she did then the client would like likely been successful in his legal issue.
If you believe that you are the victim of legal malpractice contact us. We will set up your free consultation. Act quickly as the law only allows a very short time for you to take action against at your former attorney. Here at the Law Office of Tesha Allison, P.A. we hold attorneys accountable. Call us at (305) 901-1471 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.